Gifts of Appreciated Securities
Donating securities to CCALT is easy! Save on taxes and protect Colorado's agricultural lands!
If your goal is to eliminate tax on long-term capital gains and receive an immediate tax deduction, then this gift may be an option for you. You can make a gift of appreciated securities to CCALT while diversifying your portfolio. Stocks, bonds or any other securities can be transferred as gifts.
How does it work?
- It's easy! Contact Alyssa Street at 720-557-8270 or email her today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transfer your securities to the Colorado Cattlemen's Agricultural Land Trust (CCALT).
- CCALT sells your securities and uses the proceeds for its programs.
How will you benefit from this gift?
- Your gift will have a direct impact on saving some of Colorado's most endangered agricultural land.
- You will not have to pay any capital gains tax on the securities that you donate.
- You will receive an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer.
- You can direct your gift to a specific fund or purpose.